Anna

Deadline time: Pieces of paper swirl on and off my desk. Red pens litter the floor. Layouts are edited again and again, each time searching for perfection. I clutch a bottle of whiteout (breathing in appreciative whiffs of the wonderful chemically smell) erasing semi-colons, and inserting commas. The following is a photo of my desk during deadline. No, this is not staged. It actually looks like this. On the far left hand side of the desk sits my happy water bottle. It is powder blue, with a pink screw on lid and decorated with unicorns and flowers. It is my saving grace. I hastily gulp water (ROOM TEMP ONLY) and enjoy how cheerful its colors and unicorns make me. The frantic pace keeps up for about two weeks. Then the magazine goes to the printer and we can breathe. Or rather, we are forced to breath. No more dreams filled with dingbats or, horror of horrors, uppercase letters in the middle of a sentence.

2 Responses
  1. O man, I hate capital letters in the Middle of sentences! ;)


  2. Unknown Says:

    Me too! Ill start noting this pattern to more easily find you...

    I believe in dr4gons!